Website Designed By Scarborough Website Design

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Where can I have a mobile bar?

A. We can apply for a licence for almost any where to be able to serve alcohol and provide a mobile bar - marquees in fields, village halls, barns, school halls, office buildings, gardens, museums, stately homes.

Q. What facilities do you need ?

A. We ask that we have clear and easy access to where the bar is to be positioned either on the ground floor or a lift to access higher floors. Approx 3m sq to set up. Electrictity and access to running water.

Q. What colour is the bar?

A. The bars are stainless steel colour changing back lit bars. They can be fixed on one colour or have a slow colour changing effect.

Q. Do you just provide mobile bars for weddings?

A. We can provide licensed mobile bars for any event including weddings, birthday parties, anniversary parties, corporate events, work Xmas parrties, festivals, garden parties & rallies etc.

Q. What drinks can we have at our function?

A. Fosters or Carlsberg on draught as standard. Other draught lager, bitter and cask ale can be arranged, we may need to take a deposit to ensure that the barrels are sold. Also:
A wide range of bottle beers, real ales, ciders and alcopops.
Range of Spirits & soft drinks.
Variety of Red, White & Rosé Wine.

Q. Are your drinks prices reasonable?

A. Our prices are mainly £3.00 - £3.50. We do not believe in charging high prices for our drinks, we want you to enjoy yourselves.

Q. Can we put money behind the bar to serve free drinks to our guests?

A. Yes. We will provide free drinks up to a pre-paid amount and will let you know when the amount has been reached. Alternatively your guests can buy their own drinks.

Q. If we have kegs how many can we have?

A. We usually provide 1 or 2 lines for your draught lager, more are available for larger functions. For some kegs that we do not hold in stock, we may need to take a deposit in order to ensure that over half is sold.

Q. Will you serve our wine at the table and the champagne for the toast ?

A. Yes, our bar staff will pour these for you. We will also chill your wine and champagne beforehand if you hire our glassware.  Our glassware is available for you at a charge of £4.50 per dozen. We also do many packages for welcome drinks, toasts and table wine - please ask

Q) Some bar companies charge corkage, why is this?

A) We dont charge corkage, we dont think its fair. We will allow you to have 1 welcome drink, 1 Toast and 1/2 bottle of Table wine per person during the meal, without paying us corkage. Any additional drinks will need to be pre arranged and will be subject to a small charge.

Q. Is there a minimum spend?

A. There is no minimum spend however the hire costs to you decrease as the amount your guests spend over the bar increases. An example would be based on £150 hire if we achieved a £800 minimum spend over the bar. 

Q. What times are you able to serve?

A. The license to operate would be applied for the hours you specify on the booking form.

Q. How much notice do you need for the application of the license and why is it needed?

A. We normally need a minimum of one month as we have to apply to the local council for a temporary events notice. Ten copies have to also be sent to the environmental health officer and Police licensing officer for that area. The more time we have to do this the better. But we can turn around an application in less time dependant on the local authority to you.

Q. What to do now?

A.  Please email us with the location, times for the bar to run, number of guests and any other requirements. To secure the booking we require a £50 deposit and then the balance 2 weeks before the event plus payment for travel and any added extras you chose to have. The deposit is refundable after the event depending on the spend over the bar.

Q. My venue asks if you have public liability insurance?
A. Yes we do, We have cover of up to £1 million as most venues require this.